Orpheus Interiors: Terms & Conditions
By placing an order with Orpheus Interiors you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions as set out below.
- All orders placed are subject to acceptance in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- All orders are subject to availability.
- We will inform you when your goods are ready to be despatched from our warehouse and confirm the installation date. Such notifications may be by SMS text messages or email. Please contact our office to arrange for the balance payment before dispatch and confirm the installation date.
- Once an order is entered into our reservations/ordering system it will remain valid for 14 days whilst awaiting the advance payment [see “Payment” below]. After this period, any price adjustments due to price rises or the cessation of a sale/offer may be reflected in your order.
- An order will be considered as confirmed only once we are in receipt of cleared advance payment funds [see “Payment” below].
- Additions of stock items can only be accepted up to 7 days before the dispatch of your main order.
- Additions of custom made items will be treated as a new order.
- Split deliveries of an order will incur additional delivery fees.
- Orpheus Interiors’ standard lead time is 60 working days** from receipt of your order.
- Shorter lead times are very often possible but are subject to approval and stock – please ask us.
The payment schedule for all orders is as follows:
- A minimum 60% advance payment is due within 14 days to activate your order.
- 40% balance – due 7 days prior to the agreed delivery date or expiry of the 60 working day lead period – which ever is the sooner.
- Orders of €1,500 or less will be payable in full at the time of placing the order.
- We reserve the right to levy a surcharge for delayed payment of any balance at 0.1% per day of the amount outstanding.
- Full payment must be made before any product is dispatched from our warehouse.
NB: if your lead period is less than 1 month or you have a specific order delivery date/period, then your account must be paid in full at the time of placing the order to avoid delays. This carries the added benefit of reduced bank fees for transfers.
Site Surveys & Window Dressing Dimensions
- Clients are strongly advised to request a site survey at the time of placing an order
- If no site survey is commissioned clients understand that Orpheus Interiors cannot be held responsible if goods do not fit as desired. This does not affect your rights under our returns policy [see below].
- Window Dressing: if a Window Dressing survey is not requested, the client will arrange for a survey form to be completed and supplied to Orpheus Interiors head office within 14 days of receipt of your order advance payment or 21 days before the intended delivery date – whichever is the sooner.
- Only where a Site Survey and/or Window Dressing Survey have been ordered, will Orpheus Interiors accept responsibility for any problems with sizes or fitting issues.
Site Survey € 60
Window Dressing Survey € 60
Dual Survey € 100 [€ 20 discount]
- Site Survey: includes checking all key dimensions / TV, phone, electrical switches & sockets / door opening direction
- Window Dressing Survey: includes all detailed dimensions as per Orpheus Interiors survey requirements
- Dual Survey: a simple discount for both the above surveys carried out simultaneously
- Once an advance payment is received, clients authorise Orpheus Interiors to commence any service included in the order – including surveys, design services and delivery & installations.
NB: Kitchen surveys are carried out by separate specialists and are not covered by this section, but they are included in your kitchen quotation.
Site Access, Delivery & Installation
Orpheus Interiors politely requires that the client accept responsibility to:
- Provide contact details of an authorised key holder, site manager and/or the developer’s office
- Provide written authority to arrange access to the property for the purpose of carrying out site surveys, deliveries and installations
- Either own the title to the property at the time of delivery & installation or have written permission from the developer that they may furnish their property prior to ownership from an agreed date
- Ensure free & unhampered access to the site – including payment of any access deposit required by the site manager/developer’s office
- Seek confirmation that the property is complete and locked and that tradesmen have completed their work
- Clarify that clear road access is available for the delivery period
- Arrange for an appointed individual to sign for delivery and installation [this can be the site manager]
- Verify that suitable working conditions are available including operational heating, water & electricity
- It is your responsibility to measure both the access and final resting space of your furniture and window dressings – unless a Site Survey & Window Dressing Survey has been requested.
- Upon receipt of your order by advance payment, the client agrees that Orpheus Interiors may commence all services and bespoke orders
Orpheus will always deliver and install wherever possible and with due consultation/advanced notice to you, our client as well as the appointed/notified key holder(s). However, the client accepts that should our crews or subcontractors have to turn back during our agreed delivery/installation period for reasons beyond their control [Force Majeure excepted] that he/she may well be liable for any additional storage, delivery & installation fees. Failure to accept & pay such fees will mean that the order will be treated as in default [see below].
NB: A minimum of 1 week’s notice is required for cancellation/postponement of a pre-arranged delivery.
All items must be signed for at the point of delivery. In signing the delivery note, you or your representative are acknowledging that the item(s) have been correctly delivered, are in good condition and in no way faulty or damaged.
In the absence of a signature, your property & goods will be checked & photographed and you will be considered to have accepted the goods.
You are responsible for checking that all details and aspects of your order are correct and suitable for your requirements, including measurements, quantities, dimensions, product features, colours and textures.
Transfer & Acceptance of Goods
Upon substantial completion of its work as indicated by the signing of a delivery note/protocol, Orpheus Interiors is no longer responsible for the safe keeping, use/mis-use or insurance of the goods delivered. The client accepts delivery and will be presented with a copy of the delivery note/protocol which will also serve to indicate any missing, defective or incorrect items. All such outstanding liabilities will be rectified within a period of 30 working days** and up to the appropriate standard.
Guarantees & Defects
- All furniture items are under warranty for 1 year against defective workmanship or materials.
- All electrical items are under a 1 year guarantee.
- Orpheus Interiors accepts full responsibility for defective items discovered at the time of delivery. Such defects will be notified immediately to the client and repaired or replaced according to best practice. Such rectification is executed on behalf of the client at the responsibility and cost of Orpheus Interiors.
- Defects must be notified in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or Orpheus International OOD, Drava 1A, Plovdiv, 4000 Bulgaria within 48 hrs of delivery and with photographic support
NB: if no one is available to check & sign for the goods, Orpheus’ team will carry out a quality control inspection and note/photograph any missing or defective items. You will be notified of any such items and given a timescale during which we will deal with these. Unfortunately we cannot accept responsibility for any other missing or defective items and you are considered to have accepted the goods.
At Orpheus Interiors we want you to be delighted every time you shop with us. Occasionally though, we know you may need to return items.
Under the European Union’s Distance Selling Regulations, you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase within a period of 7 days starting from the day on which you place your order or within 7 days starting from the day on which the item is delivered. This applies to all of our products.
However, we regret that we cannot accept cancellation or changes to orders for services commenced, kitchens, bed linens, mattresses, mattress protectors, duvets, pillows, window dressings and any other custom made items.
Once goods are delivered and accepted, you should be aware that notification of any returns will only be accepted within these terms and on the condition that all items are in their original saleable condition. Damaged items not noted at the time of delivery or used items will not & cannot be accepted.
- Any returns must be arranged by the client at his/her expense to Orpheus Interiors' warehouse
- The client should understand that he/she is responsible for goods whilst in transit or until collection
- Goods should be returned within 14 days of delivery
- After this period, a penalty of 6.25% per day of the value of the goods will apply
Should the client be unable to arrange return of any goods, collections will be charged as follows:
- a minimum of €50 per item
- larger items such as sofas, dining table & chairs, beds and wardrobes €150 for the first item and €75 for each additional item
All relevant refunds will be made by bank transfer within 30 days of notification of a return/cancellation. All bank charges will be for the beneficiary.
Returns must be notified in writing to email@example.com or Orpheus International OOD, Drava 1A, Plovdiv, 4000 Bulgaria.
NB: Since your window dressing, cushion or kitchen order is made/carried out specifically for you, once payment istaken, no changes to the order or any cancellation may be made. It is therefore very important that you check your measurements prior to payment if you are not requesting a survey.
Delayed Deliveries and Default Orders
Once furniture products ordered are available and should the provisional/confirmed delivery date pass, we are happy to store the items for up to one month at no extra cost. This is in addition to our standard lead period of 8 weeks.
At the end of this period however, storage will be charged on a weekly basis until the goods are delivered/collected.
NB: We require a minimum of one week’s notice to cancel or rearrange any delivery.
In the event of a property completion delay, overdue outstanding balance payment and/or any other indicated default or delay scenario, the following surcharges may become due:
- Administration Fee €35
- Storage Months 1 Free
- Storage Months 2+ €25 per week
- Delivery cancellation/rescheduling fee [less than 7 days notice] 50% of delivery fee
Whilst Orpheus will do all reasonable to avoid an order being classified as “default”, the following will apply where necessary:
- An order will be considered in default through non-payment or delayed payment as set out in these terms & conditions. If an order is cancelled at any stage after the original delivery date or standard 8 week lead period has expired [whichever is the sooner] and delivery/installation has not taken place, storage will be charged to your account at the rate of €25 per week..
In the event of a Force Majeure [to be proven & defined under Bulgarian law] or deliveries prevented/delayed by a regional/municipal order, Orpheus Interiors will not be held responsible for subsequent delays. Any delays in excess of three months from the scheduled delivery and installation date will entitle the client to request a full refund of the value of the items affected.
Law & Jurisdiction
You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order products from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the confirmation email (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven days of receipt by you of the notification).
Orpheus Interiors will always attempt to resolve any disputes/grievances through negotiation and amicably. However, in the unlikely event of any irreconcilable grievance or dispute, such will be resolved in the courts of Plovdiv, Bulgaria and are governed by Bulgarian law.
Our total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise, arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of your order shall be limited to the purchase price.
Occasionally, the delivery of furniture may be delayed or postponed. We will, of course, make every effort to keep you informed and discuss revised delivery timescales. However, Orpheus Interiors cannot accept liability for any lost rental income or any lost benefit in relation to third party contracts.
Orpheus Interiors is a trading name of Orpheus International OOD and is a company registered in the city of Plovdiv, Bulgaria and bound by Bulgarian law. The company operates in the area of design and supply of furnishings as well as interior design, delivery and co-ordination.
Head Office: Drava 1A, Plovdiv, 4000. Bulgaria.
Your privacy is important to us so we only use the information you provide about yourself to assist us in improving our service to you. We do not share this information with any 3rd party except where you have previously consented.
- We use return email addresses to verify your order and to confirm that the goods requested have been dispatched. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
* Less bank charges.
** Working days are defined by the Bulgarian calendar and exclude Sat/Sun as well as religious and other statutory holidays.
© Orpheus International OOD